Thank you for visiting www.99colleges.com (“Site”, “Provider”, “Us”, or “We”). To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
This privacy statement applies to all provider-owned websites and domains. This privacy statement covers personally identifiable information which includes information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, anonymous data collection, and aggregate reporting. Personally identifiable information is any information that is associated with your name or personal identity.
Data collection and use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Site and provide services to you.
You can visit and browse our Site anonymously. When you register on our Site, purchase a product, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or fill out a form, you may be asked to provide your name, e-mail address, and/or credit card information.
By placing an order with us, you consent to us gathering certain information about you in order to process your order. This may include (but is not limited to):
- Your full name and email address (so we can deliver your order and update you about it)
- Your mailing address (so we can deliver your order)
- Your IP address (this is securely collected by our payment system, so that we can validate your payment information and prevent fraudulent orders)
If you do not provide your e-mail address, it may not be possible for you to receive your order or communications and updates about it. The order will be added to your purchase history, which we retain, in order to be able to help with inquiries and see which customers have ordered in the past.
If you sign up to our email list via our website, we may use this information to process your order (if you’ve placed an order), to contact you about an order, or to send you new lessons, new courses, special offers, and other updates.
You may opt out of these communications at any time, by clicking “unsubscribe from this list” link in any email or by contacting us. If you would like to change your e-mail address, you can click “update your preferences” link at the bottom of any email or contact us.
You may request us to delete your customer information any time, by contacting us. We will carry out such request within 10 calendar days.
We may also collect information on how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
We use collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Site
- To notify you about changes to our Site and services we offer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To create and manage your account
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site and services we offer
- To fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Site
- To monitor the usage of our Site
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
- To deliver advertisements, special offers and, general information about goods, products, services, and events we offer
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under GDPR
Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently without adversely affecting your rights. We will process your personal data only if at least one of the following basis applies:
- You have given consent to processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing is necessary for performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing is necessary to protect your or another person’s vital interests;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
How do we protect your information?
Data security is of utmost importance to us, and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
All credit card information is transmitted through secure (SSL) connection and processed with a safe payment processor such as Stripe, PayPal, Sendowl, or PagSeguro.
We use MailChimp – a secure third-party email provider to store and manage email subscription information.
Your information will be protected behind our hosting provider’s firewall and other security arrangements on third party sites. As with any such website, there is no absolute guarantee of security. If you feel this is not sufficient, then please do not provide any personal information – or contact us and we will delete your information securely.
In the event that your data is compromised, we will notify you and competent supervisory authority within 72 hours by email with information about the extent of breach, affected data, any impact on the products, and our action plan for measures to secure the data and limit any possible detrimental effect on data subjects.
“Personal data breach” means a breach of security leading to accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed in connection with provision of the products.
Your rights & consent
By registering on our Site, purchasing a product, subscribing to our newsletter, responding to a survey or filling out a form, you understand that you are providing this information to us voluntarily and there is a legitimate reason to retain this information for the period required to discharge those obligations mentioned above. Without the contact information we will not be able to reply to you or deliver your purchase.
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to any information that we have about you;
- Update, change, or correct your information
- Delete your information
In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfill your request by corresponding with you electronically.
Provider websites may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Provider experience or services or websites you visit.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to other companies, except to trusted companies that help us operate our website and process payments, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your personal data in good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Third party links
This website may contain links to other sites or products. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
This policy was last modified on 17 October 2022.
We value your comments and opinions. If you have questions, comments, or a complaint about compliance with this privacy notice you may contact us.